Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ladies Quick Dress Modification -- Boatneck



Ladies Quick Dress Modification

Add a Collar to the Quick Dress


I found these pictures of dresses from the late 1960's and I just fell in love with them.  Jodi was sweet enough to help me adapt the Quick Dress pattern into something similar to my inspiration photos below.  So let's make a Boatneck Collar Quick Dress.

The measurements given are for the total length of the collar, not the folded measurements.

Cut one collar piece according to the chart above.

Fold the collar in half matching the two short sides.



















Mark the collar and neckline into quarters. 



Match up the pins on the collar and neckline and attach the collar to the dress.

Turn up the collar and press the seam down, toward the dress.


Congratulations!  You now have a Ladies Quick Dress Boatneck Collar.
You can see more photos of my Quick Dress here.





No comments:

Post a Comment